- 1 kg carrots, grated into small pieces
- 1/2 tin condensed milk + 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder ( optional )
- 3 heaped tbsp butter or ghee
- flaked or crushed almonds/pistachios/cashews for garnishing.
Boil the grated carrot in the half cup of milk and half cup of condensed milk till the carrot cooks well,
Lower the heat and stir the mixture until it starts getting dry and begins to stick to the bottom of the pan. You have to keep on stirring.
When it’s quite dry, add the sugar and cardamom. Keep on stirring and cook on low heat until the sugar dissolves.
Once the sugar dissolves add the butter/ghee to the mixture and stir well.
Switch off and serve, garnished with nuts.