- White Chickpeas (Kabuli Chana) : 250 gm
- Onion: 4 nos( Chop into small size)
- Tomatoes: 3 nos( Chop into small size)
- Green chilies: 3 or 4 ( Split into two)
- Garlic paste: 1 tbs
- Ginger paste: 1 tbs
- Red chili powder: 1 tbs
- Coriander powder:2 tbs
- Chicken masala powder: 2 tbs ( you can avoid this if you not prefer)
- Garam masala powder: 1/2 tbs
- Turmeric powder:1 tbs
- Pepper powder:1 tbs
- oil: as needed
- Salt: as needed
- sugar :1 tbs
- Coriander leaves : 2 or 3 finely chopped
- Water: as required
Soak cin water for overnight( 4 to 5 hours minimum needed). Then in pressure cooker, cook the Chana with water 2 whistles and off the flame. Don’t open for 15 minutes.
In a pan add 2 table spoon of oil , once heated add the ginger garlic paste. once become fried add chopped onion into it, stir it well up to onions became golden brown color. you can add salt for fry the onion easily. Then add chopped tomatoes into it. stir it well. cook for 10 minutes. Then add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper,chicken masala powder, Chana and salt(as needed, since we added salt in onion). Cook for 2 minutes.
Open the pressure cooker and pour the cooked Chana into the pan. Stir it well. cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
As last step add 1 tbs of sugar and mix it well for adjusting the taste.
Tasty Chana roast ready. Serve with chapathi, pathiri, appam even with rice…;)