- Egg: 4
- Biriyani rice( kayama or kola) : 500gm
- Ghee: 100gm
- Tomato : 250gm
- Garlic: 3 no.s ( chopped into fine pieces)
- Ginger: 50gm ( chopped into fine pieces)
- Green chilies:4 to 5
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 table spoon
- Pepper powder: 1 table spoon
- Biriyani powder (garam masala Â Powder):2 table spoon
- Curry leaves: 4 to 5 stems
- Coriander leaves: 2 to 3 stems
- Mint leaves (Putheena) : 3 to 4 stems
- Salt: as needed
- Lemon juice: 1 full lemon juice, also we can use vinegar
- Curd: 2 to 3 table spoon
- Sunflower oil: 3 to 4 table spoon
- Cashew, Raisin : fry it in ghee.
- 1 sliced onion, fry it in ghee for adding rice
You can also use basmati rice instead of biriyani rice, it may take less time to cook than other rice.
Rice: soak in water for 20 to 25 minutes and wash it 3 or 4 times . Drain off the water completely. In cooker add 3 or 4 table spoon of ghee, pour water into it. Add the rice into it and stir it well. Then add 1 table spoon of salt. once boiled, close the cooker and put the weight. after 10 minutes ( don’t allow for whistle) switch off the flame and set aside( don’t open it now).
Egg: Boil the egg and set aside.
In a mixer grind garlic, ginger, green chili, and 1 steam of curry leaves.
In a heavy bottom pan(a pressure cooker or a heavy bottom pot) add 2 table spoon of oil and 2 table spoon ghee, once hot add the ginger garlic paste that we have prepared. once become fried add chopped onion into it, stir it well until onions became golden brown color.
You can add salt to fry the onion easily. Then add chopped tomatoes into it.
Stir it well. Then add 1 tbs garam masala powder, 1/4 tbs chili powder, curd, 1 lemon juice, 1 tbs pepper and salt(as needed). Stir it well .
After 10 to 15 minutes add the cooked egg into this.
After 2 minutes, put a banana leaf above it( so rice and masala will not get mixed, you can aluminium foil instead of leaf, need to make small holes in the aluminium foil).
Then add one layer of rice( you can use 1/4 of rice in one layer), above this add fried onion, fried cashews raisin and pinch of garam masala.
Then add another layer of rice, add fried onion, cashews, raisin and pinch of garam masala.
You can make 3 or 4 layer of rice. Cover the pan with a plate. cook the biriyani for 10 minutes in low flame.
After 10 minutes off the flame and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes. Then open the pan, Either you can separate the rice and egg masala or mix all together.
Serve it into a plate.