Kallumakkaya Dry Roast
Kallumakkaya or kadukka dry roast.
- Kallumakkaya /Mussel :1/2 kg
- Red chili powder :1 and 1/2 tbs
- Pepper powder : 1/2 tbs
- turmeric powder :1/2 tbs
- Coriander Powder : 1 tbs
- salt :as needed
- Garam masala powder :1 tbs
- Vinegar : 1 tbs
- Shallots chopped : 1/2 cup
- Green chilies: 2 nos ( make a paste of it)
- Ginger crushed: 1 tbs
- Garlic crushed: 1 tbs
- Curry leaves:2 stem
- Clean the Kallumakkaya well.
- Heat Oil in a pan
- Add finely chopped shallots and curry leaves.
- Saute until become golden brown color
- Add 1/2 tbs of salt to saute easily
- Add crushed ginger and garlic, saute well.
- Add red chili powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and Garam masala powder
- Saute for a minute.
- Add required oil needed
- Then add cleaned kallummakaaya and required salt.
- Pour 1 tbs of vinegar now. It is optional, but gives a little sour taste to roast.
- Mix all together well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook.
- Water will seep from kallumakaaya while cooking
- After water dries up add 2 tbs of oil and fry it few more minutes.
Enjoy kallumakaaya dry roast with rice, chapati etc…