Kann vach chutta pathiri(kannachuttathiri) is a special malabar dish, its very easy to make. Different types of preparations are there. Here is the traditional way of making it. Lets try it
To make 5 to 6 nos:
- Maida flour – 500gm
- ghee- 1tbsp
- Egg: 1 no
- Hot Water – 1/4 cup(as needed)
- Salt – 1/2 to 1 tsp
- oil: for deep frying
- Atta/maida flour – for rolling the chapathi
In a bowl add the flour ghee, 1 egg & 1/2 salt.Mix it well with hot water (sprinkle water in small quantity) using hand. Make a soft(need to well hand mixing),non-sticky dough. Keep it aside for minimum 30 minutes. more time make it smooth.
After 30 minutes make lemon sized balls using dough.
Take one ball, roll out the ball into a uniform square of medium size(use atta flour while rolling out the pathiri). Then fold the 4 cones of pathiri into the center. Its look below.
Then roll out both sides once again.
In a frying pan heat the oil. Deep fry both sides of pathiri. Fry all the pathiris like this.
Easy tasty malabar special kannachuttathiri ready.
- You can use Atta flour instead of maida.
- You can use half quantity atta and half quantity maida for making dough.
- instead of deep frying the pathiri, you can cook the pathiri like chapathi. fry both sides in a non stick pan.