Potato masala also known as bhaji curry
- Potatoes : 250 gm (3 to 4 medium size,cut into medium sized pieces)
- Onion : 2 no ( chop into small size pieces)
- Carrots: 2 medium sized,cut into medium sized pieces
- Green chilies: 3 nos ( chop into small size pieces)
- Ginger : a small piece ( chop into small size pieces)
- Garlic: 3 cloves ( chop into small size pieces)
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tbs
- Red chili powder : 1/4 tbs
- Turmeric powder :1/2 tbs
- salt: as required
- Garam masala powder: 1/4 tbs
- Curry leaves: 4 stems
- Water : as required
- Cook the potato and carrot pieces in a pressure cooker. Once it is cooked mash the potatoes using a ladle slightly.
- In a pan add 4 tbs of oil, once oil become hot, splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add chopped ginger, garlic, 1 stem of curry leaves , and green chilies into the pan.
- Saute it well and add chopped onion into it.
- Once onions turn it color to light golden brown add chopped cooked potatoes into it.
- Mix all together well.
- Add 1/2 tbs of turmerci powder, 1/2 tbs of chili powder, 1/4 tbs of garam masala and 1/2 tbs(required amount) of salt. mix it well.
- Add 1/ 4 cup of water and close the pan with lid.
- Cook for 4 too 5 minutes.
- Off the flame and serve into bowl.
Serve with poori, chapathi etc..