Shrimp or Prawns or chemmeen or konch masala.
- Shrimp: 15-20 nos , deveined and washed
- Kashmiri Red chili powder : 1 tbs
- Turmeric powder :1/2 tbs
- Coriander powder : 1 tbs
- Fennel seeds powder : 1/2 tbs
- Lime juice : 1/2 tbs
- Fennel seeds : 1 tbs
- Onion : 2 nos ( chop into small size pieces)
- Tomato : 1 ( chop into small pieces)
- Ginger: 1 tbs finely chopped
- Garlic: 1 tbs finely chopped
- Cilantro (Coriander ) fro garnishing
- water : 1/4 cup
- Heat Oil in a pan on medium flame.
- Add fennel seeds in it and saute for few seconds
- Add ginger , garlic into it and saute it for a minute ( don’t burn it)
- Now add chopped onion and cook until turns it color to translucent.
- Add tomato , saute and cook until it become soft.
- Now add all the spices powders ( Kashmiri Red chili powder : 1 tbs, Turmeric powder :1/2 tbs,Coriander powder : 1 tbs, Fennel seeds powder : 1/2 tbs) and required salt.
- Mix well and close with lid.
- Cook until oil separated from masala.
- Add shrimp into it and mix until spices coated well on it.
- Add lime juice and water , give a stir and close with lid.
- Cook in simmer flame for 10 minutes.
- Then turn off the flame and garnish with cilantro
Serve Hot with white rice.
Special tips :
- Do not overcook the prawns , it will rubbery then
- Adjust water quantity according to your preference of gravy consistency.
- You can also add a tsp of pepper powder to masala, it will be more spicy and tasty.