Special Chakka curry
Its also known as Chakka Koottaan, chakka erissery etc,,
- Unripe Jackfruit: 20-25 bulbs. (clean the jackfruit and take the bulbs)
- shallots: 4 no ( chop into small size pieces)
- Green chilies: 2 nos
- Garlic: 8 cloves
- Mustard seeds: 1/2 tbs
- Red chili powder : 1/2 tbs
- Turmeric powder :1/2 tbs
- salt: as required
- Curry leaves: 4 stems
- Coconut :1/2 coconut(grated)
- Cumin seeds: 1 tbs
- Coconut oil : 3 tbs
- Water : as required
- Cook the jackfruit pieces in a pressure cooker along with seeds,1/2 tbs red chili powder, 1/2 tbs turmeric powder, 3/4 tbs of salt(as needed) , 1 stem curry leaves and required water. Cook until 2 whistles. Then off the flame and allow to cool.
- Once cooled remove excess water from cooked jackfruit if any.
- Grind grated coconut with 1 tbs of cumin seeds, 1 stem of curry leaves, garlic and 3/4 tbs of salt. Make a paste of it.
- Add this coconut mixture into cooked jackfruit.
- In mixer, add 2 more tbs of coconut, 2 shallots, 1 stem of curry leaves, 2 green chillies and crush it. No need to make paste of it.
- Then add this crushed mixture into the jackfruit.
- On the flame and cook all together well for 2 minutes until it start boiling. No need 0ver cooking, once started boiling off the flame.
- In a pan pour coconut oil, once oil become hot, splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add chopped shallots, curry leaves and red chillies. fry it.
- Pour this mixture into cooked jackfruit.
Serve with chakka curry with fish curry , chutney etc…