- Urad Dal (Uzhunnu paripp):250gm
- Salt: as needed
- Water: For grinding
- Curry leaves: 3 stems ( chop into small pieces)
- pepper : 10 nos. (crush into small pieces)
- Green chilies: 2 nos. (Chop into small pieces)
- Rice powder : 2 tbs ( for crispiness of vada)
- Oil : 1/2 litter (for deep fry)
Soak the Dal for 4 hours. Wash and drain out the water from it. Grind it using water( just for spraying, need only maximum of 1/4 cup of water for 250 gm dal). Need a thick paste of dal for uzhutnnu vada.
Then add 1/2 tbs salt, pepper, greenchilies, and curry leaves into this mixture, stir it well.
Heat the oil in a pan(Quantity: oil for deep fry), once oil start bubbling, take small quantity of batter and make a ball of it. Using your palm press it without too much of pressure, Then make a hole in the center and add into heated oil, Fry both sides into golden brown. Once get cooked move into a plate.
Serve with chutney….