- Biriyani rice( kayama or kola) : 500gm
- Ghee: 100gm
- Onion: 300gm
- Tomato : 250gm
- Garlic: 3 tbs( chopped into fine pieces)
- Ginger: 2 tbs ( chopped into fine pieces)
- Green peas: 100gm (soak it into water for 4 to 5 hours and cook it in a pressure cooker).
- Green chilies: 5 to 6
- Pepper powder: 1 table spoon
- Biriyani powder (garam masala Powder):2 table spoon
- Curry leaves: 4 to 5 stems
- Coriander leaves: 2 to 3 stems
- Mint leaves (Putheena) : 3 to 4 stems
- Salt: as needed
- Lemon juice: 1 full lemon juice, also we can use vinegar
- Curd: 2 to 3 table spoon
- Sunflower oil: 3 to 4 table spoon
- Cashew, Raisin : fry it in ghee.
Vegetables: You can use any combination of following vegetables
Carrot : 200 gm ( finely chopped)
Beans: 200 gm (finely chopped)
Capsicum: 1 big( finely chopped)
Cauliflower: 200 gm( cut into small pieces and soak into batter(2 spoon maida, 2 spoon cornflower,1/4 spoon salt) and fry it)
Potatoes: chop into small pieces.
Bread :Cut the bred into small pieces.
Fried cashews and raisins.
You can also use basmati rice instead of biriyani rice, it may take less time to cook than other rice.
Fry the potatoes and bread in oil or ghee.
soak in water for 20 to 25 minutes and wash it 3 or 4 times .
Drain off the water completely. In cooker add 3 or 4 table spoon of ghee, pour water into it. Add the rice into it and stir it well. Then add 1 table spoon of salt.
Once boiled, close the cooker and put the weight. after 10 minutes ( don’t allow for whistle) switch off the flame and set aside( don’t open it now).
In a mixer grind garlic, ginger, green chili, and 1 steam of curry leaves.
In a heavy bottom pan(a pressure cooker or a heavy bottom pot) add 2 table spoon of oil and 2 table spoon ghee, once hot add the ginger garlic paste that we have prepared.
Once become fried add chopped onion into it, stir it well up to onions became golden brown color.
You can add salt to fry the onion easily. Then add chopped tomatoes into it. Stir it well. Add the vegetables and cooked green peas into it.
Then add 1 tbs garam masala powder, 1/4 tbs chili powder, curd, 1 lemon juice, 1 tbs pepper and salt(as needed). Stir it well , Cook for 10 minutes.
Then add the cooked rice into it and stir it well. You can add the fried bread pieces, cashews and raisins now. Cook it for 2 minutes in a low flame.
Serve it into a plate with salad and sauce.