- Potatoes: 250gm
- Beetroot : 250 gm ( or Carrot)
- onions : 2 nos ( Finely Chopped )
- green chilies: 3 or 4 ( Finely Chopped )
- Ginger :1 tsp (Finely Chopped )
- Garlic :2 tsp (Finely Chopped )
- Coriander leaves: 3 or 4 stems
- curry leaves:3 or 4 stems
- Turmeric Powder: ½ tsp
- Garam masala Powder: ½ tsp
- Pepper Powder :1/2 tbs
- Maida : 4 or 5 tbs ( or Egg : 2 nos)
- Rusk powder ( or bread crumbs) :As needed (to dip the cutlet for frying)
- Oil or ghee : As needed for frying.
- Salt : As needed
Boil the potatoes in a cooker ( or in a hard bottom vessel).
Once cooked off the flame and allow it to cool. Then peel off the potatoes and mash it using a spoon.
Finely chop the carrot or beetroot using a vegetable chopper.
Heat oil in a pan. Fry ginger, garlic, green chilies and 3 or 4 chopped curry leaves. Then add chopped onion. Saute the onions till it become translucent. Add chopped beetroot and stir it well. Once it is cooked add the chopped potatoes and stir it well. Then add Coriander leaves, turmeric powder garam masala and salt. Saute it well until all ingredients mix well. Then off the flame. Once cooled make medium sized balls with this masala.
In bowl mix maida with water and make a smooth loosely paste. ( you can use egg instead of maida paste. Beat 2 eggs instead).
Either make rusk powder by crush the rusk in a mixture. Or you can use ready made rusk powder.
In a pan Heat the oil for deep fry.
Take each of masala ball and place into your palm and press slowly( it should be round shape or oval shape). Then dip the cutlet in egg or maida paste slowly. Properly coat the paste in both side. After that dip into rusk powder and drop into heated oil. Shallow fry both sides.
Cook all balls like this.
Hot tasty Vegitable cutlet ready….