- Basmati rice ( or Biriyani rice) : 500gm
- Onion: 4 big size
- Garlic paste : 2 tbs
- Ginger paste : 2 tbs
- Green piece: 100gm (Optional, soak it into water for 4 to 5 hours and cook it in a pressure cooker).
- Pepper powder: 2 table spoon
- Coriander leaves: 2 to 3 stems (optional)
- Vinegar : 1 tbs
- Salt: as needed
- Oil: 3 to 4 table spoon
Vegetables: You can use any combination of following vegetables
- Carrot : 200 gm ( finely chopped)
- Beans: 200 gm (finely chopped)
- Capsicum: 2 medium sized ( finely chopped)
- Spring Onion : 4 to 5 tbs (finely chopped)
- Soya Sauce : 1 to 2 tbs
- Chili sauces : 1 tbs ( optional, you can use finely chopped green chilies instead of sauce).
Soak in water for 20 to 25 minutes and wash it 3 or 4 times .Drain off the water completely.
Cook the rice with required (max of 3/4 to 1 tbs ) salt and 1 tbs of oil (mix it well before cooking) .
Take care of the cooking time and amount of water based on the rice you choose.
For 1 cup rice, 1 1/2 to 2 cup of water required.
In a heavy bottom pan(a pressure cooker or a heavy bottom pot) add 2 table spoon of oil.
Add ginger, garlic paste , and chopped green chilies(if u prefer to use green chilies) and stir it for 2 minutes.
Then add chopped onions into it and stir it well with 1 tbs of salt.
Once onion start to turn it color, add remaining vegetables carrot, beans , and capsicum. Mix it well. Cook for 2 minutes.
Then add cooked green piece(optional).
Add 1 tbs of vinegar , 1 tbs of soya sauce, and 1 tbs of green chili sauce( optional). stir it well.
After 2 to 3 minutes add cooked rice into it and mix well. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tbs of pepper powder and 1/2 tbs of soya sauce into this . Mix it well. Add chopped Spring onion and Coriander leaves into it and mix once again.
Simple easy Vegetable fried rice ready.
Note : You can add fried mushroom or potatoes into the rice if you wish to make it different.