- Green peas: 250 gm
- potatoes: 2 medium sized (chop into medium sized square pieces)
- Carrot: 2 carrot (chop into medium sized pieces, not so much small)
- Beans: 100 gm (make into small pieces)
- Cauliflower: 1 medium sized (clean properly and make into small pieces)
- Onion: 2 nos( Chop into small size)
- Tomatoes: 2 nos( Chop into small size)
- Green chilies: 5 or 6 ( Split into two)
- Garlic paste: 1 tbs
- Ginger paste: 1 tbs
- Coriander powder:1 tbs
- Pepper powder:1 tbs
- Coconut : 1 coconut grated
- Garam masala powder: 1 tbs
- coconut oil: as needed
- Salt: as needed
- Coriander leaves : 2 or 3 finely chopped
- Lemon juice: 1 lemon’s juice
- Water: as required
Making coconut milk:
Mix the grated coconut and water( 1 glass water) in a mixer, Filter the milk from the coconut and set aside. This is coconut’s first milk. Then mix the remainder of coconut in water and mix it using mixer. Take the milk from it. This is coconuts second milk. Second milk is not so thick, because we prepare it from remaining coconut after taking first milk.
Soak green peas in water for overnight( 4 to 5 hours minimum needed). Then in pressure cooker, cook the green peas with water . Add required salt. Cook for 2 whistles and off the flame. Don’t open for 15 minutes.
In a pan add 2 table spoon of oil , once hot add the ginger garlic paste and curry leaves. Then add chopped onion into it, stir it well until once onions turn translucent . you can add salt to fry the onion easily. Then add chopped tomatoes into it. stir it well. cook for 4 minutes.
In pressure cooker in which we cooked the green peas add this roast(into green peas) and mix it well. Add the chopped vegetables into it and stir well, cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Then add coriander powder, pepper garam masala powder and salt(as needed, since we added salt in onion and green peas). Cook for 2 minutes.
Then add coconuts’s second milk into it and cook for 5 minutes. once it mix well in vegetables add coriander leaves in it. Then add first milk. No need to more cooking here. once start forming bubbles off the flame. Then add lemon juice 1 tbs of coconut oil.
Tasty Veg curuma ready. Serve with chapathi, pathiri, appam even with rice…;)