- Raw rice(Pachari) :250 gm Or you can use biriyani rice , like kayama(not basmati rice)
- Jaggery : 300gm
- Maida (or cooked rice) : 100gm
- Grated coconut : 1/2 coconut
- Baking soda: 1/4 tbs
- Cumin seeds :1/4 tbs
- Cardamom : 5 nos (make it powder )
- Cashews/Raisins – As needed(fried)
- Coconut pieces : as needed(fry it in ghee)
- Coconut oil : 2 to 3 tbs.
Soak the rice for 2 hours. Wash and drain out the water from it.
Heat a steel vessel in stove, add 1 glass of water for 300 gm of jaggery. Melt the jaggery and make a thick syrup.
In a mixer jar add soaked rice, jaggery syrup, and grated coconut. grind it well and make a smooth paste.
Then add maida, baking soda, Cumin seeds, and Cardamom powder to this mixture. Once again grind all together.
Batter should be in “idili” batter consistency, thick batter. Set aside for 30 minutes.
Heat a pressure cooker and add 3 tbs of oil. Pour the prepared mixture into the cooker. Add cashews, raisins and coconut pieces on it. Close the cooker with lid and cook in low flame for 15 to 20 minutes without “weight”.
After 20 minutes open the lid and check the consistency using a toothpick. If batter is stick on the toothpick cook for another 10 minutes. Otherwise allow it to cool.
Once it is cooled, make pieces and remove the from the cooker.
Biriyani rice provide extra aroma, more soft and tasty