- Tomato : 3 big, chop into small pieces
- Tamarind(puli) :25gm, lemon size
- Asafoetida (Kayam): 5 gm, a small piece 1 table spoon if it is powder
- Cumin(Jeerakam) : 2 table spoon
- Garlic: 25 gm, 1 big garlic onion, chop into fine pieces
- coriander powder: 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: 2 table spoon
- Red chili powder : 1 table spoon
- Pepper powder : 1 table spoon
- Salt: as needed
- Coriander leaves: chopped leaves
- Coconut oil: 2 table spoon
- Mustard: 1 table spoon
- Red chilies: 2 or 3
- Curry leaves: 2 stems
Soak tamarind in two glass of water, and keep it aside. after 20 minutes mix the tamarind with fingers well. filter the mixture.
In a mixer grind tomatoes, garlic, and cumin without using water. Make it a paste.
In a bowl( in which you are going to prepare the Rasam) pour the tomato paste and filtered tamarind water. add red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder , pepper and salt. Mix all well using a spoon. If required add more water. Boil the mixture.
In a pan add 1 table spoon of oil, once hot add the mustard, 2 red chilies, and 2 stems of curry leaves fry it well and add into Rasam. Then add chopped coriander leaves.