- Garlic : 100 gm (1 cup cleaned cloves)
- Red chili powder (kashmiri red chili powder):1/4 cup
- Green chili: 2 no Chop the chilies into small pieces
- Ginger- a small pieces(Chop the Ginger into small pieces)
- Mustard seeds: 1 tbs
- Fenugreek seeds: 1/2 tbs
- Asafoetida: Small piece
- Salt : as needed
- Oil(Sesame oil): 2tbs
- Vinegar: 2 tbs ( you can avoid this if you not prefer)
- Curry leaves: 2 stems
- Water: 1 cup ( medium sized coffee mug) Boiled and cooled
In a pan pour 1 tbs of oil, once get hot add Asafoetida piece and fry it. once get fried add Fenugreek seeds into it. once fried the fenugreek seeds off the flame and allow the mixture to cool. Once get cooled Make the powder of this fried ingredients using a mixer.
Heat another 1 tbs of oil, once get heat, splutter the mustard seeds. Then add curry leaves , ginger pieces and chopped chilies into it. Stir it well. Then set aside the mixture in bowl.
In this pan, add 1 cup of water, prepared asafoetida powder, 2 tbs of salt( as needed) , red chili powder and vinegar. Once boiled off the flame and set aside. Once this mixture cooled add garlic and mustard mixture into and mix it well.
In a bottle ( made of glass) pour the pickle and cover using air tight lid for at least one day.
Then you can use the home made pickle.