Njandu curry/ Crab curry /Njandu Roast / Crab Roast
- Crab: 1/2 kg cleaned, (4-5 nos)
- Coconut: 5-6 tbsp grated
- Onion: 3 no ( chop into small size pieces)
- Shallots: 15 nos
- Tomato: 1 no ( chop into small pieces)
- Green chilies:3 to 4 nos
- Ginger: 1 piece (to make 1 tbs paste)
- Garlic cloves: 8-10 nos
- Curry leaves: 2 stems
- Red chili powder
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder
- Pepper powder
- Turmeric powder
- Coriander powder
- Fennel powder
- coriander leaves
Preparation: Clean the crab well, separate its leg and body.
In a mixer grind the coconut with 1/4 glass water,we need only very small quantity of coconut paste, or you can extract the milk from it, here I used a fine paste of coconut.
- In a pan add 4-5 tbs of oil.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a few seconds
- Add slit green chilies and curry leaves.
- Saute well, take care of burning.
- Then add shallots (chop into pieces ), Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped Onion, Saute well.
- Add 1 and 1/2 tbs of salt.
- saute well.
- In a bowl mix following together
- 1 and 1/2tbs of spicy red chilly powder
- 1 and 1/2 tbs of Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder
- 2 tbs of coriander powder
- 1 tbs of fennel powder
- 1/4 tbs of fenugreek seeds powder
- Once onion become light brown color, make the gas flame to low
- Add the prepared masala into the pan and saute well.
- Saute till all together make a dark brown color, but take care of burning.
- Then add chopped tomatoes and mix well.
- Close the pan with a lid and cook for few minutes
- Cook until tomatoes cooked well and mixed with the masala.
- Then add cleaned crab into the pan and saute well.
- Cook the crab with closed lid.
- Once crab cooked well add coconut paste and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Then off the flame and add coriander leaves.
“Thenga Aracha Njandu Curry” Ready… Serve with rice.