Traditional Chakka puzhukk
- Unripe Jackfruit: 20-25 bulbs. (clean the jackfruit and take the bulbs)
- shallots: 3 no
- Green chilies: 2 nos
- Garlic: 8 cloves
- Turmeric chili powder : 1/2 tbs
- Coconut :1/2 coconut(grated)
- Curry leaves: 4 stems
- Coconut oil : 1 tbs
- Cumin seeds: 1 tbs
- salt: as required
- Water : as required
- Cook the jackfruit pieces in a pressure cooker along with seeds, 1/2 tbs turmeric powder , 3/4 tbs of salt, and required water. Cook until 3 whistles. Then off the flame and allow to cool.
- Grind grated coconut with 1 tbs of cumin seeds, 2 stems of curry leaves, shallots, green chilies, and garlic.No need to make paste, crush all together well.
- Open the cooker and mash the jackfruits by removing excess water.
- On the flame and mix the coconut mixture into the jackfruit
- Mix all together well.
- Cook for 2 minutes and off the flame.
- Then add 2 tbs of coconut oil and mix it well.
Serve the chakka puzhukku with red chili chutney, fish curry, chicken curry, beef etc….