Kappa or poola thoran is a recipe preparing with tapioca.
- Tapioca or kappa : 500 gm ( 1 large size)
- Garlic: 8 to 10 cloves
- Onions : 1 medium size
- Green chilies: 2 nos
- Curry leaves : 1 stems
- Red chilies :2
- Mustard: 1 tbs
- Turmeric powder
- Salt : 1/2 to 3/4 tbs
- Grated coconut : 3 to 5 tbs
- Water : as required
- Clean the Tapioca and cut into medium sized pieces.
- Cook the Tapioca pieces in a pressure cooker along with 1/2 tbs turmeric powder , 1 tbs of salt, and required water(cover the tapioca pieces). Cook minimum 4 whistles. Then off the flame and allow to cool.
- Open the cooker and remove excess water if any.
- Do not mash the tapioca, if needed make small pieces.
- In a pan add two tbs of oil. once become hot, splutter the mustard seeds. Then add red chili pieces and curry leaves. Stir it well, add chopped onion and green chili pieces.
- Saute until onion turns it color slightly.
- Then add cooked tapioca pieces into the pan and mix it well.
- Add more salt if required.
- Add grated coconut into it.
Mix it well for 1 minute and off the flame.